Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Reading for Cambridge (AICE) English Language

Hello!  Happy Summer!

Ms. Curbelo and I selected our two summer reading books for our Cambridge students.  You WILL NOT do the ones assigned by the school...unless you're not in our Cambridge class for next year.  If you are on this list (CLICK HERE TO ACCESS IT), you ARE in Cambridge A.S. English Language (ASEL) and will read what's in this post.  If you are NOT on the list (or you've decided you DON'T WANT TO BE IN THE PROGRAM), you will do the Summer Reading listed in the top, right-hand column of our blog.  If you do not want to be in the program, email me at TheROGOForce@gmail.com with your rationale. Be warned: There's no guarantee we will let you out....

SO...IF YOU ARE ON THE CLASS LIST AND PLAN TO STAY IN THE PROGRAM, THIS IS FOR YOU:

1.  You need to get the word out!!!!!!  Do it via Twitter, FB, email, text, whatever.  If you see your friends' names on the list, be a GREAT FRIEND and let them know NOW!!!!!!

2.  Once you read this post, you are going to email TheROGOForce@gmail.com.  In the subject, include your first and last name, then "Got it!"  For example, I would put in the subject line: "Christine Rodriguez GOT IT!"  Make sure that email address is one you check frequently, as we will assign you access to our class folder via this email. 

3.  Our first book is The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.  We reserved 40+ copies at Barnes and Noble in Pembroke Gardens.  Ask the customer service folks; they're under my name.  You can buy your copy anywhere, but at least you know there are some copies there.  YOU NEED TO DO THIS NOW!   Your first assignment is due on 6/20!  

(We are not going to release both books at one time.  Once you have completed the first, and its accompanying activities, then you will find out about the second book.  We are only doing this so you won't cram two books into a couple days before school starts.)

4.  Be sure to download the study questions for the first set of chapters by CLICKING HERE. Follow the directions to a T!

If you have any questions, feel free to comment here.

We love and miss you...and we look forward to seeing your smiling faces in 68 days!

PS.  Check the blog EVERY OTHER DAY!  Set your alarms now!!!!!


5 comments:

  1. Hey Mrs.Rodriguez I wanted to verify that I know i am suppose to be on this list but i am not I remember i was recommended for the AICE program next year and i wanted to make sure i was in it or not so i can make sure i do the summer reading for the AICE or the school summer reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email Curbelo, please. It was her decision, or it's possible that I made a mistake in typing the list. You also might want to consider using capital I when using the pronoun "I." Lowercase i for the pronoun I is text talk...not AICE talk :) You should always write for your audience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry please excuse me for my writing I "SHOULD" know thats not AICE talk. Thanks for the correction :)and thank you I will make sure to Email Mrs.Curbelo soon but, I need her Email I don't know it. If you don't mind may you please tell me her Email ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ok Thank you very much Gretter :)

    ReplyDelete